Sunday, December 10, 2006

Thanks, I needed that

Thanks to my new web friends I was spurred on to exercise for 25 minutes yesterday. I am hoping that my heart rate improves though. Seems that 160 beats per minute may be a bit high. Exercising daily should help to reduce that rate. At the ripe age of 32, I think it's time to start listening to my body. My family health history demands it. As a little background, my father passed away at 34 and all of the men in his family tree never made it to 40. We are the lucky holders of genes that give us the ability to hang onto the bad cholesterol like a chipmunk stores acorns. The women in his family never make it to 50. Thankfully, due to being off my meds I am starting to lose the weight that the Depakote put on. Cholesterol reducing medication doesn't work for our syndrome, so that's out. I don't eat a lot of meat because my husband is a vegetarian. However, vegetables are so tasty battered and fried. As far as I can tell, exercise is really my best option if I want to make it to retirement.

Speaking of chipmunks, we finally figured out why the fan in our car sounded like it was about to disengage and take flight on its own. Our friendly neighborhood chipmunks decided it was an excellent place to keep their Winter stash. While I love the return of a quiet fan, I feel a little bad that their stock room was cleaned out. There is no acorn deficit in our yard, however, and there is still a perfectly good storage place to be had in the Jetta that serves as our driveway ornament.

Last night my husband and I drove our friends to Syracuse to see Carlos Mencia. I would have let her or her boyfriend borrow my car, but for some reason my insurance has a prejudice against insuring blind persons to drive my car. Geese. Both of them have little to no eyesight left and since the buses stop running so early, they wouldn't have been able to get home without a ride. Consequently, my friend A. bought us tickets to the show too. As I told A. after the show, I never would have been motivated to go see this particular comic. While I originally thought he was entertaining, I didn't think he was $40 worth of entertainment. Amazing how things turn out though. He was an absolute riot and I could hardly stay in my chair for laughing so hard. It was definitely a mutually beneficial agreement in the end, as usually proves to be the case. She and her boyfriend got a ride home, and I got some badly needed comic relief. Thanks A., I needed that a lot more than you needed a ride home.

Thanks to all of you, I needed that.

7 comments:

Sunflower said...

Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower and supporting me! Here is one minute for you!

Unknown said...

Hi Nicole. That's some set of genetics you have. I hope you can beat the odds. Glad you had a good time at the show. Here's 5 minutes for you.

Unknown said...

I forgot to say Happy Sunday!

Unknown said...

That's another 5!

BroccoliEater said...

Yeah, my friend W (Primo's Godmom) introduced me to Mind of Mencia on Comedy Central. At first I was, "Why do you watch this guy?" but man, is he funny -- across the board, about every group he skewers.

Veronika said...

Hey, good to read that you had fun!

Jenny F. Scientist said...

Here's more exercising encouragement! I've been driven to take up running, myself, just because Mr. Scientist does (and will drag me out of bed).

Add to Technorati Favorites